* indicates a required field.
The Celebrating Communities Fund supports events with the following outcomes:
Events are defined as gatherings of a celebratory, educational, competitive, commemorative or exhibitive nature. Events should be locally significant, of special interest to the people of Palmerston North, and enhance community well-being.
See the Celebrating Communities Fund guidelines for more information.
For help, contact Brooke Carter at communityFunding@pncc.govt.nz or 06 356 8199.
Not sure if this is the right fund?
Fill out a Community Funding enquiry form. We will get back to you with advice on the right fund for your project.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Is your group a registered organisation?" on page 1
All known conflicts of interest (whether actual, potential or perceived) must be declared. Council officers involved in the funding process are also required to declare any conflicts of interest.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are there any Palmerston North City Council staff members or elected members in your organisation?" on page 1
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are you aware of any other conflicts of interest which could affect this proposal?" on page 1
An umbrella organisation is an established, registered organisation that is willing to oversee and monitor the use of grants made to unregistered groups.
The roles and responsibilities of an umbrella organisation are:
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Will the event cost anything for people to attend?" on page 1
This section is for you to describe the aims of the event, and provide details about how it will run.
Events supported by the Celebrating Communities Fund should be open and accessible. A marketing plan shows how you will promote your event to the public.
We need to make sure that events funded by PNCC are safe for all attendees. Depending on the nature and size of your event, you may need a formal health and safety plan. This plan should cover the hazards and risks of an event, including things like traffic management, recycling and waste minimisation, healthy beverages, sun protection, and first aid.
If you already have an Excel budget for this event, please upload it here. Otherwise, you are welcome to fill out the budget template below.
Please set out the costs for the entire project in the table below. Remember to include support in kind (like donated materials) and volunteer hours (number of hours and estimated cost/value per hour).
If you have quotes (recommended for items over $1,000) please upload these in the supporting information section below.
The Celebrating Communities Fund guidelines list the kinds of costs that are eligible and ineligible for funding.
Work out the income for the entire project in the below table. It’s rare for us to fund whole projects, so think about where else you will access funds. Remember to include support in kind as listed in your expenditure table above.
The average Celebrating Communities Fund grant is $3,500, with past grants ranging from $500 to $15,000.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are you seeking funding from other sources for this event?" on page 1
Please provide details of other funding you have requested for this event.
If you have any additional material you would like us to refer to, please enter it in the sections below. This is not a requirement.
You will only be bound by these terms if your application is successful.
1. In accepting the offer of funding from the Palmerston North City Council, the applicant agrees to:
2. Palmerston North City Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred or sustained by the applicant, or any of its employees, agents, contractors, customers or volunteers.
3. Representatives of both parties to this agreement will discuss any issues relating to the achievement or non-achievement of the expectations outlined in the agreement. If either party identifies any issues, such discussions will take place as soon as practical.
4. No alteration to, deletion from, or amendment to, any of the provisions of this agreement shall be binding on the parties unless both parties agree, and this agreement is recorded in writing.
5. Palmerston North City Council may terminate this agreement, with two months written notice, where it considers there are serious performance problems against the expectations outlined in this agreement.
6. In the event that the applicant fails to comply with these terms of agreement, Palmerston North City Council is entitled to terminate the agreement immediately. In the event of termination the applicant is required to repay the grant money to Palmerston North City Council.
Our contact centre operates
24 hours a day, seven days a week,
365 days a year.