* indicates a required field.
Through the Arts Event Fund, Palmerston North City Council will invest in events that contribute to Council’s vision for the City, in particular, Goal Two: A creative and exciting city. Council recognises the opportunities that arise from hosting significant events in Palmerston North, both in terms of economic growth and in developing the city as an arts powerhouse.
To be considered for funding, the event must:
See the Community Funding Policy for more information on criteria and eligibility.
For help, contact Gillian Tasker at email@example.com or 06 356 8199.
Not sure if this is the right fund?
Fill out a Community Funding enquiry form. We will get back to you with advice on the right fund for your project.
An umbrella organisation is an established, registered organisation that is willing to oversee and monitor the use of grants made to unregistered groups.
The roles and responsibilities of an umbrella organisation are:
All known conflicts of interest (whether actual, potential or perceived) must be declared. Council officers involved in the funding process are also required to declare any conflicts of interest.
Groups or organisations must provide a copy of their latest financial statement. This can be a copy of the audited accounts, an income and expenditure statement or a copy of the unaudited management accounts.
If your group or organisation has reserves that are not being used for this project, you should include your reserves statement or policy.
Write down all the costs of your project and include the details, eg materials, venue hire, promotion, equipment hire, artist fees and personnel costs.
Write down all the income you will get for your project from ticket sales, sale of artwork, other grants, donations, your own funds, other fundraising.
Tell us about any other funding you have applied for or received for this project.
If you have any additional material you would like us to refer to, please enter it below. This is not a requirement.
A marketing plan shows how you will promote your event to the public.
We need to make sure that events funded by PNCC are safe for all attendees. Depending on the nature and size of your event, you may need a formal health and safety plan. This plan should cover the hazards and risks of an event, including things such as traffic management, recycling and waste minimisation, healthy beverages, sun protection, and first aid.
You will only be bound by these terms if your application is successful.
1. In accepting the offer of funding from the Palmerston North City Council, the applicant agrees to:
2. Palmerston North City Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred or sustained by the applicant, or any of its employees, agents, contractors, customers or volunteers.
3. Representatives of both parties to this agreement will discuss any issues relating to the achievement or non-achievement of the expectations outlined in the agreement. If either party identifies any issues, such discussions will take place as soon as practical.
4. No alteration to, deletion from, or amendment to, any of the provisions of this agreement shall be binding on the parties unless both parties agree, and this agreement is recorded in writing.
5. Palmerston North City Council may terminate this agreement, with two months written notice, where it considers there are serious performance problems against the expectations outlined in this agreement.
6. In the event that the applicant fails to comply with these terms of agreement, Palmerston North City Council is entitled to terminate the agreement immediately. In the event of termination the applicant is required to repay the grant money to Palmerston North City Council.
Our contact centre operates
24 hours a day, seven days a week,
365 days a year.