* indicates a required field.
The purpose of the Local Initiatives Fund is to support new, not for profit activities that make a real difference in Palmerston North. You will need to refer to the Local Initiatives Fund guidelines to understand the aims of this fund.
If you have questions please contact Brooke Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 356 8199.
We recommend you contact us before you apply. We can advise whether this fund is the best fit for your project.
We are working to make our application processes easier. You can help us by keeping track of roughly how long it takes you to complete your application.
Most groups we fund have a legal status, such as charitable trust or incorporated society. However, we can fund an unregistered community group with a commitment from an umbrella organisation. A representative of the umbrella organisation will need to fill out the "Umbrella Organisation Consent" section below.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Does your group have a formal legal status?" on page 1
Some questions in this section may not apply to your group. If so, just leave them blank.
An umbrella organisation is an established, registered organisation that is willing to oversee and monitor the use of grants made to unregistered groups.
The roles and responsibilities of an umbrella organisation are:
If you have questions please contact Brooke Carter, at email@example.com or 06 356 8199.
All known conflicts of interest (whether actual, potential or perceived) must be declared. All Council officers involved in the funding process are also required to declare any conflicts of interest.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are there any Palmerston North City Council staff members or elected members in your organisation?" on page 1
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are you aware of any other conflicts of interest which could affect this proposal?" on page 1
The average Local Initiatives Fund grant is $6,000, with past grants ranging from $650 to $12,000. We have $28,287 available to allocate this year.
This section is not applicable because of your response to question: "Are you seeking funding from other sources for this event?" on page 1
Please provide details of other funding you have requested for this event.
Please set out the costs for the entire project in the table below. Remember to include support in kind (like donated materials) and volunteer hours (number of hours and estimated cost/value per hour). These items should be included in the income table too.
The Local Initiatives Fund guidelines list the kinds of costs that are eligible and ineligible for funding.
Work out the income for the entire project in the below table. Include the grant you are requesting from PNCC, as well as any other funders you have applied to. Remember to include support in kind as listed in your expenditure table above.
It’s rare for us to fund whole projects, so think about where else you will access funds. Will your organisation be contributing some of its own funds? The value of volunteer effort and donated materials will be considered as part of your contribution.
If you have any additional material you would like us to refer to, please enter it in the sections below. This is not a requirement.
You will only be bound by these terms if your application is successful.
1. In accepting the offer of funding from the Palmerston North City Council (the Council), the applicant agrees to:
2. Palmerston North City Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred or sustained by the applicant, or any of its employees, agents, contractors, customers or volunteers.
3. Representatives of both parties to this agreement will discuss any issues relating to the achievement or non-achievement of the expectations outlined in the agreement. If either party identifies any issues, such discussions will take place as soon as practical.
4. No alteration to, deletion from, or amendment to, any of the provisions of this agreement shall be binding on the parties unless both parties agree, and this agreement is recorded in writing.
5. Palmerston North City Council may terminate this agreement, with two months written notice, where it considers there are serious performance problems against the expectations outlined in this agreement.
6. In the event that the applicant fails to comply with these terms of agreement, Palmerston North City Council is entitled to terminate the agreement immediately. In the event of termination the applicant is required to repay the grant money to Palmerston North City Council.
Our contact centre operates
24 hours a day, seven days a week,
365 days a year.